Mid Mountains Legal Blog

Dealing with overseas assets in a Will

Anthony Steel

If you have assets located overseas you can only distribute them in your will by doing a will in the country in which the assets are located or by doing an international will if the overseas country is one of the few signatories to the Convention providing a Uniform Law on the International Form of a Will 1973. If you have assets overseas here’s a link to an article which you may find helpful https://www.mondaq.com/australia/wills-intestacy-estate-planning/676770/what-impact-does-having-assets-overseas-have-on-your-will

You might like...

Related Article

Transferring a property into a family trust

Related Article

Rights and Duties of Executors and Administrators in NSW

Related Article

Who pays for the waste of assets in a property settlement?