Dealing with overseas assets in a Will

If you have assets located overseas you can only distribute them in your will by doing a will in the country in which the assets are located or by doing an international will if the overseas country is one of the few signatories to the Convention providing a Uniform Law on the International Form of a Will 1973. If you have assets overseas here’s a link to an article which you may find helpful


Australian Wills and overseas property

International Wills

Do you have property overseas? With more Australians having been born overseas, there is a growing need for Wills that protect Australian and overseas owned assets. Your Australian Will may not be valid overseas. I will be writing more on this shortly.

Close Menu